Saturday 10 August 2013

3 days and counting...

OH MY GOSH I've only got 3 days to go. 3 days until me & Steph fly out to Peru; me for a year and her for a month. So much planning has been happening, we discussed an itinerary over Starbuck's drinks and I became 10000x more excited, it finally feels like it's happening!!

When we land in Lima after our 17h journey (at 5am :o) we're going to have to wait until 3pm to check into the hostel. No matter though, I'm sure sleeping for 10 hours will not be a problem after that flight!! I've also got some Nuevo Sols and US Dollars to start me off in Peru, and I've swatted up on all my Peru guidebooks (lovingly given to me by my Uncle and my Grandparents), and have also tried my hand at a little bit of Quechua (the native indigenous language - HELP!!).

I've also nearly packed - I didn't realise how hard it is to pack for a whole year! I'm hoping my abundace of Superdrug medicines will do me well - I've got nearly every illness covered. So yeah, I've added a little picture of my packing so far - God help me with the carrying, I'm only tiny!! Also, packing so far is such a mess, in standard Sarah fashion of course.

So it's all excitement here (and of course sadness, anxiety and worrying - mainly from mum's side), but I've nearly got everything sorted so now it's just getting there!! The next post I do will most likely be from across the ocean, so I'll see you on the other side :)

Hasta luego chicos, Sarah x

1 comment: