Sunday 18 August 2013

adios Lima

Hey! I eventually got my blogger to work after fighting with it all day, so I can post wooo. So tomorrow me & Steph are off on our 22h bus trip to Cusco so we can climb up to good ol' Macchu Pichu. We really didn't plan it very well, because we haven't left enough to time to acclimatise to the altitude in Cusco. We're going to stock up on altitude pills though so we should be fiiinee!!
chocomseo
Also at some point in my life I'm going to write a book called 'How not to travel around Peru' - we've already got a few good ideas on what to write in said book. 'Don't Speak Any Spanish' and 'Choose the Cheapest Option' will make an appearance.

Lima Zoo!!
So over the last few days we've had a good time in Lima - we've visited the ChocoMuseo (it's a MUST, you get to learn about the history of chocolate, and make your own delish Incan hot chocolate); had an interesting experience trying to find the Pachacamac Ruins; eaten some beautiful Peruvian food with a lovely Canadian guy, drunk a bit of Pisco Sours (google 'Pisco' if you don't know what it is - the traditional Peruvian liquor certainly doesn't dissapoint); travelled with the locals on a questionable bus (don't worry Mum it was fine!) and had a tour of the Liman (?!) History Museum that was completely in Spanish. And this is all within 5 days! The only thing about Lima is the grey fog that hangs over it all day, it doesn't make the place seem very cheery. But I have got to walk through the same streets as one of my favourite authors Gabriel GarcĂ­a Marquez, so I'm happy!!

This is Lima
We're now in bed relaxing in the calm before the storm (doing the Macchu Pichu trek) - which I can expect to be very exciting but equally as tiring!

Anyway, thought I'd keep you all up to date with what's happening here in Peru, and as you can see I've posted some pictures (especially for you Barbie&Derek!! :) ), so you can see what's been happening too. I won't be too sad to say goodbye to Lima as I will be spending the next 8 months here, so at the moment I'm looking forward to our adventures in Cusco!!


                                                 
                               Adios chicos, S x


 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    Can I just say how much I'm enjoying reading your blog? I got headed onto it by thirdyearadbroad.com, and having just (almost) finished a year abroad (plus year abroad blog) myself, it's great to read about all your adventures and dream about going off travelling again (bring on the second year abroad!). Peru is a definite one on my bucket list - enjoy!
    Natalie xx
    p.s. If you need any advice/tips on how to survive I'm more than happy to help you out =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thankyou!! Ive never done anything like this before so I thought I should keep all my family, friends and anyone else up to date with what Im doing. I hope you had a good year abroad, Im loving mine!! X

      Delete